By: Sharon Aron Baron
The boyfriend of Magdalena Weich was taken into custody on Tuesday night and booked on second degree murder.
According to Coral Springs Sergeant Carla Kimiotek, Enrique Macotela, 43, a key piece of evidence were several videos from local businesses showing the suspect’s vehicle in the area where the victims body was discovered. One video on Auguest 19, shows the suspect’s car pulled off the north side of Sample Road within 15 meters of where Weich’s body was found, with its headlights and flashers on at approximately 5:24 a.m.
On August 20, 38 year-old Weich’s body was found lying in the heavily wooded area just north of Sample Road and east of Coral Springs High School.
Enrique Macotela reported Weich missing to police and said that on August 18, she had told him she was going to Barnes & Noble to study. He said she never returned home, even leaving her cellphone, purse and keys at home and he was further concerned because he had spoken to her boss who said she did not show up for work at MCCI Medical in Tamarac. Magdalena Weich’s boss told police she last saw her on Aug. 17.
Macotela is being with no bond at the Main Jail.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- EventsMarch 1, 2024Laugh Out Loud with Comedian Ilana Glazer; Broad City Star Heads to Coral Springs
- NewsFebruary 29, 2024Broward Health Coral Springs Welcomes Rare Leap Day Baby
- EventsFebruary 29, 2024Sawgrass Nature Center Hosts Family-Friendly “Spring into Spring” Event
- EventsFebruary 27, 2024Earn Service Hours During the 47th Annual Waterway Cleanup in Coral Springs