By: Matt Rothman
The Coral Springs Charter softball team continues their excellent run with a no-hitter in their opening Regional Playoff Game on Wednesday.
The Panthers defeated Gulliver Prep 13-0 and have now outscored their opposition 91-0 in their last nine games culminating with a combined no-hitter from Brianna Godfrey and Sophia Bertorelli.
The two pitchers combined to strike out nine in five innings while three players recorded a pair of RBIs in Kate Maston, Isabella Bertorelli, and Emily Barnell. Julia Estorff, Stephanie Basso, and Godfrey all dove in runs to push the Panthers’ record to 21-3 this year.
“Zero complaints about our pitching staff all year,’ said Head Coach Mark Montimurro. “Offensive execution is another story. Sometimes our inexperience shows up. Hopefully, we’ll be clutch the rest of the way.”
Next, CSC will host Westminister Christian School in the Regional Semifinals on Tuesday, May 17, at 6 p.m. The Warriors picked up a 4-3 win in their Regional Quarterfinal game against American Heritage School and have a record of 17-6. This will be the first meeting of the season between these two teams, with a trip to the Regional Championship on the line.
Send to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2023.05.28Coral Springs Charter Celebrates a Stellar Year of Athletes with Nine Students Signing Letters of Intent
- News2023.05.2810 Coral Glades Student-Athletes Make Their College Picks
- News2023.05.27Parkridge Christian Academy Set to Host Summer Basketball Camp
- News2023.05.25Coral Glades High School Welcomes in New Athletic Director Howie Schrager