By Sharon Aron Baron
On Tuesday, Governor Ron DeSantis announced new vaccination sites would be heading to Walmart, Sam’s Club, Winn-Dixie stores, and Broward County Publix locations.
Managed through the Federal Retail Pharmacy Program, the sites will begin offering COVID-19 vaccines on Friday, February 12, at 490 pharmacy locations across 52 counties. The State of Florida secured these retail partnerships and collaborated to identify strategic locations for each store to ensure maximum reach.
Appointments are required at each location and can be made on the pharmacies’ websites. Patients must meet the state’s eligibility requirements and be 65 or older or frontline healthcare workers.
“Florida is proud to partner with Walmart and other retailers, including Publix, to expand access to the COVID-19 vaccine,” said Governor DeSantis.“Through the Federal Retail Pharmacy Program, we look forward to reaching more Floridians and ensuring that all eligible residents who want a vaccine can receive one. We will continue to utilize strategic partnerships and identify innovative ways to get more shots in arms and put Florida’s Seniors First.”
For the first week of the Federal Retail Pharmacy Program, the state expects to receive 65,300 doses of the Moderna COVID-19 vaccine. Future allocations through this program will be announced as they become available.
- Publix – publix.com/covid-vaccine/florida
- Walmart and Sam’s Club – walmart.com/COVIDvaccine and samsclub.com/covid
- Winn-Dixie – winndixie.com/pharmacy/covid-vaccine
In a partnership with the Florida Department of Health, the City of Coral Springs continues its vaccine distribution site at the Coral Square Mall. This location is by appointment only and operational from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday – Friday until further notice.
According to the city, between February 1 through February 4, they gave 3,511 vaccinations at the site.
The Coral Springs site is a walk-in with an Appointment Vaccination Site — not a drive-thru. Those who do not have an appointment and are not 65+ with government-issued ID will not be vaccinated at this location. Only persons who arrive for their confirmed scheduled vaccination time will be allowed entry into the site. Gathering at the site is prohibited.
Check the FDOH web portal at www.browardcovidvaccine.com regularly. Appointments for the second dose of the vaccine will be provided to persons after their initial vaccination appointment. It will include the location and time you must return.
Learn more about the COVID-19 vaccine and commonly asked questions by visiting www.cdc.gov.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- Events2021.06.22Coral Springs Festival of the Arts Accepting Artist Submissions for 2022 Event
- Events2021.06.22Ticket Alert: Comedian Steven Wright Performs at the Coral Springs Center for the Arts
- Events2021.06.18Volunteers Needed for Coral Springs Drive Clean-Up Day June 26
- News2021.06.18Broward County Public Schools Offer 39 Covid Vaccination Sites for Students 12 and Older