By Jill Fox
The public is invited to attend two events honoring Meadow Pollack and 16 other victims who lost their lives during the school shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School.
On Sunday, February 14, visit Crossfit Immersion at 10850 Wiles Rd in Coral Springs, for a free community class at the location where Meadow and her family used to work out. Her older brother Hunter said it was a nice gesture of the gym to honor her for something she loved doing.
All fitness levels, and children, are welcome for an 8 a.m., 9:30 a.m., or 10:30 a.m. class and can reserve a spot for the free event at Crossfit Immersion.
City of Margate
Then at 5:30 p.m., Hunter will be the guest speaker at the City of Margate’s A Day of Love and Remembrance Candlelight Vigil to honor the 17 lives lost in the Parkland tragedy.
“The Margate police officers were some of the ones who responded on 2-14, and it’s an opportunity for me to give thanks to them and the community for their continued support,” said Hunter, who plans to speak about his experience over the last three years since his sister was murdered and how he overcame adversity.
At 6:17 p.m., the City of Margate will release 17 lanterns in remembrance of the 17 victims. In addition, Margate Police Officer Lauren Liptak will sing her rendition of Shine, and candles will be given out to attendees for the vigil.
“It’s a great opportunity for people to hear from a victim’s family member,” said Hunter. “It’s going to be a beautiful event.”
The Margate Sports Complex is located at 1695 Banks Road.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- Jill Fox is an Emmy Award-winning writer and producer. She has worked on the public relations side as well as the television side of marketing for NBC Universal. A true Floridian, Fox grew up in Ormond Beach and earned her Bachelor’s Degree in Economics and Advertising from the University of Miami. During college, Fox enjoyed working at Walt Disney World. She loves living in Parkland with her husband, Brian and their two children, Madden, 10 and Randi, 7.
- News2021.03.02MEDNAX Awards Four $20,000 Scholarships to Marjory Stoneman Douglas Seniors
- News2021.02.27Chris Hixon Memorial Run Raises $40,000 For Student-Athlete Scholarships
- Events2021.02.27Preparations Underway For Annual ‘Egg My Lawn’ Event Honoring Gina Montalto
- News2021.02.22Hair Color In Only 30 Minutes: Coral Springs Salon Moves In the ‘Root’ Direction