By: Matt Rothman
Marcus Lewis led the team in scoring with 14 points, while Cameron Lewis added 13.
For Head Coach Nicholas Carr, this was the first district win of his career, and he could not be more proud of his team.
“With COVID-19 taking away players, practices, and games, they still came together to get the win,” said Coach Carr. “Nothing but kudos to them.”
The Jaguars’ other win came in the regular season when they defeated Piper High School by two points in their first game of the year. They had gone on to lose their next six games but managed to pull out a win against JPT.
Coral Glades advance to the semifinals with the victory, where they will have a tough matchup against Coral Springs High School. The Colts come in as the two seed and have a 6-5 on the season.
The game will be played on Wednesday, February 10 at 6:30 p.m. at Deerfield Beach High School.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student. Matt also covers the New York Islanders for The Hockey Writer, the New York Mets for Last Word on Baseball and Florida Gators Athletics for ESPN Gainesville.
- News2021.03.04Coral Springs Charter Legendary Softball Coach Mark Montimurro Wins 500th Career Game
- News2021.03.04Coral Springs High School Girl’s Flag Football Team Win Big in First Game
- News2021.03.04Coral Glades Star Running Back Keshawn Barrett Signs with University
- News2021.02.27Marjory Stoneman Douglas Softball Wins 1st Game With Strong Offense