By: Sharon Aron Baron
A fight broke out on Monday afternoon resulting in one of the victims being stabbed with a utility knife by a 14 year-old high school student.
According to Coral Springs Police, at approximately 3:30 p.m. a large group of young people assembled in the vicinity of 3300 Riverside Drive with the intent of engaging in a fight. During the altercation, victim Dave Castin, 19, of Coral Springs was cut multiple times by a female who approached him from behind with a knife. Castin sustained four wounds including injuries to his right shoulder and arm that required sutures as a result.
Castin did not know the identity of the female who cut him, however, multiple witnesses on the scene identified the person as a student of Coral Springs High School.
The mother of the accused later responded to the police with her daughter. Authorities did not release the name of the girl because she is a juvenile. She was read her rights in the presence of her mother and interviewed. It was at this time that the daughter confessed to cutting Castin multiple times with the knife.
She was released to juvenile assessment center after she was charged with aggravated battery with a deadly weapon.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2020.09.205 Cases of Child Abuse Reported this Week in Coral Springs Crime
- News2020.09.19Vice Mayor Joy Carter Appointed to Serve on Florida League of Cities Legislative Policy Committee
- News2020.09.18Coral Springs Employer Awards Grants to 2 Minority-Owned Businesses
- News2020.09.17VIDEO: Coral Springs Police Respond to Alleged Rough Arrest Video