By: Matt Rothman
It took until their third game of the season, but the Coral Glades boys soccer team picked up an exciting 2-1 win over Western High School on Tuesday.
After scoring only once in the first 160 minutes, Johnathan Hines recorded a pair of goals assisted by Sam Ribeiro and Cedric Alce while Simon Utrera earned the win in net.
“We played great, played as a team, and finally moved the ball,” said Head Coach Chris Hawley. “We communicated, and all in all, played a complete game.”
Coral Glades previously fell to Pembroke Pines Charter and Stranahan High School but are coming off a tremendous season last year where they went 9-4 and made it to the District Championship for a second consecutive time.
Next, the Jaguars will be back in action on Wednesday, November 17, against Cooper City High School at 5 p.m. in their final game until December 2 when they play Coral Springs Charter.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2021.11.18Coral Springs Quarterback Tyler Goodman Honored With Perseverance Award in College
- News2021.11.18Coral Springs Charter Girls Soccer Wins 4th Game in a Row Wednesday Night
- News2021.11.18J.P. Taravella Girls Soccer Team Holds Car Wash This Weekend
- News2021.11.17Hines Scores Twice Leading Coral Glades Boys Soccer to 1st Win