By: Matt Rothman
It took until their third game of the season, but the Coral Glades boys soccer team picked up an exciting 2-1 win over Western High School on Tuesday.
After scoring only once in the first 160 minutes, Johnathan Hines recorded a pair of goals assisted by Sam Ribeiro and Cedric Alce while Simon Utrera earned the win in net.
“We played great, played as a team, and finally moved the ball,” said Head Coach Chris Hawley. “We communicated, and all in all, played a complete game.”
Coral Glades previously fell to Pembroke Pines Charter and Stranahan High School but are coming off a tremendous season last year where they went 9-4 and made it to the District Championship for a second consecutive time.
Next, the Jaguars will be back in action on Wednesday, November 17, against Cooper City High School at 5 p.m. in their final game until December 2 when they play Coral Springs Charter.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2022.05.1812 Coral Glades Student-Athletes Officially Sign to Play in College
- News2022.05.18Stephanie Basso’s 3 Home Run Game Leads CSC Softball to Regional Final
- News2022.05.17Kate Maston’s Transition from Baseball to Softball Pays off for Coral Springs Charter
- News2022.05.167 Coral Springs Athletes Reach Podium in Track and Field State Championship