By: Matt Rothman
The Coral Glades boys soccer team is on their way to the District Championship following their 2-0 win over Monarch High School in the 2021 Boys Soccer District Championship.
On Wednesday, Giovanni Garcia scored both goals as Oliver Dominguez and Ethan Gentles recorded assists. Head Coach Chris Hawley was extremely impressed with his defense, most notably Cameron Wells, as the senior stepped up for an injured player and performed well in front of goaltender Simon Utera.
For Coral Glades, this is their ninth win of the year and second consecutive season that the Jaguars will be playing in the District Final as they defeated Monarch in the Championship Game in 2020.
“This means everything,” said Coach Hawley. “We are one step closer to taking home the district title and advancing on our journey. We worked hard all year to get to this point, and it’s finally paying off.”
Coral Glades will play Marjory Stoneman Douglas in the District Final on Tuesday, February 8, with the game being played at MSD at 5 p.m.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student. Matt also covers the New York Islanders for The Hockey Writer, the New York Mets for Last Word on Baseball and Florida Gators Athletics for ESPN Gainesville.
- News2021.03.04Coral Springs Charter Legendary Softball Coach Mark Montimurro Wins 500th Career Game
- News2021.03.04Coral Springs High School Girl’s Flag Football Team Win Big in First Game
- News2021.03.04Coral Glades Star Running Back Keshawn Barrett Signs with University
- News2021.02.27Marjory Stoneman Douglas Softball Wins 1st Game With Strong Offense