By: Sharon Aron Baron
They may have been expensive, but the hurricane impact windows were one good investment that kept a pair of hooded burglars from trying to break into a Parkland home.
Around 9:45 p.m. on April 1, the pair was caught on home surveillance at the 8700 block of Valencia Court heading into the backyard wearing hoodies and gloves, trying to use a crowbar to open a door.
After several minutes of futile attempts, they struck the glass of another door with the crowbar. Though it slightly cracked the glass, the burglars made no progress on making entry. The pair then moved to a set of double doors, where they spent nine more minutes trying to work the latch with the crowbar to no avail. Finally, it appears something spooked them, and they ran off.
Anyone with information about the burglary attempt or the suspects is asked to contact BSO Detective Roger Jean at 954-509-1458. If you wish to remain anonymous, contact Broward Crime Stoppers at 954-493-TIPS (8477) or online at browardcrimestoppers.org. Anonymous tips that lead to an arrest are eligible for a reward of up to $3,000.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- Events2021.07.21TICKET ALERT: ‘Menopause The Musical’ Heads to the Coral Springs Center For The Arts
- Events2021.07.19TICKET ALERT: Coral Springs International Dinner Dance Celebrates the USA
- Events2021.07.13Ticket Alert: The Ultimate QUEEN Celebration Heads to the Coral Springs Center for the Arts
- Events2021.07.12Coral Springs Festival of the Arts Accepting Artist Submissions for 2022 Event