By: Sharon Aron Baron
They may have been expensive, but the hurricane impact windows were one good investment that kept a pair of hooded burglars from trying to break into a Parkland home.
Around 9:45 p.m. on April 1, the pair was caught on home surveillance at the 8700 block of Valencia Court heading into the backyard wearing hoodies and gloves, trying to use a crowbar to open a door.
After several minutes of futile attempts, they struck the glass of another door with the crowbar. Though it slightly cracked the glass, the burglars made no progress on making entry. The pair then moved to a set of double doors, where they spent nine more minutes trying to work the latch with the crowbar to no avail. Finally, it appears something spooked them, and they ran off.
Anyone with information about the burglary attempt or the suspects is asked to contact BSO Detective Roger Jean at 954-509-1458. If you wish to remain anonymous, contact Broward Crime Stoppers at 954-493-TIPS (8477) or online at browardcrimestoppers.org. Anonymous tips that lead to an arrest are eligible for a reward of up to $3,000.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- NewsFebruary 29, 2024Broward Health Coral Springs Welcomes Rare Leap Day Baby
- EventsFebruary 29, 2024Sawgrass Nature Center Hosts Family-Friendly “Spring into Spring” Event
- EventsFebruary 27, 2024Earn Service Hours During the 47th Annual Waterway Cleanup in Coral Springs
- Crime & SafetyFebruary 27, 2024Coral Springs Man Charged in $97 Million Medicare Fraud Scheme