By: Chris Brunner
Get ready to make room in your garage because on May 6, you can safely dispose of all types of household hazardous materials that you’ve been meaning to, but haven’t had the chance.
The cities of Coral Springs, Coconut Creek, Tamarac, Fort Lauderdale, and Pompano Beach have established a cooperative agreement that will allow residents several opportunities to dispose of the full range of these materials at special one-day events throughout the year.
This month, the drop off will be held in Tamarac. On Saturday, May 6, 2017, from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., residents may drop off the following items at the City of Tamarac 6011 Nob Hill Road: Map it.
Compact fluorescent lamps (CFLs)
Nail polish & remover
Tires (limit 4)
You may drop off the following: answering machines, computer cables, cell phones, computers (including laptops), copiers, DVD and VCR players, fax machines, flash and hard drives, keyboards/mice, monitors, pagers, print cartridges, printers, radios, routers, satellite/cable boxes, scanners, speakers/stereos, telephones, televisions, wires
The following are not accepted: business- and government-generated waste, explosives, bio-hazardous waste, microwaves, appliances.
Remember, you may not drop off items at Broward County’s Hazardous Waste Disposal.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- Events2021.07.30Coral Springs Center for the Arts Announces 11 Concerts, Comedy, and Shows
- Events2021.07.21TICKET ALERT: ‘Menopause The Musical’ Heads to the Coral Springs Center For The Arts
- Events2021.07.19TICKET ALERT: Coral Springs International Dinner Dance Celebrates the USA
- Events2021.07.13Ticket Alert: The Ultimate QUEEN Celebration Heads to the Coral Springs Center for the Arts