By Ryan Yousefi
Frank Venegas, one-half of the Coral Springs-based sibling rap duo Island Boys, has been arrested and charged with domestic battery after an altercation with his girlfriend that took place in Pompano Beach.
According to arrest records, Venegas, 21, known as Kodiyakred, was taken into custody on May 6 after his girlfriend told police that he had slapped her and pushed her into a pool during an argument at their Airbnb.
Records show the victim – who told police during the arrest of Venegas that he had been physically abusive in the past – had bruises on her chin, legs, and arms due to Venegas pushing her into the shallow end of a pool where she hit her head.
A police report obtained by Coral Springs Talk details an altercation that began, according to the victim, after she raised concerns with Venegas about past abusive behavior and threatened to break up with him.
After his release from custody, Venegas took to social media to tell his followers that his arrest was “not what it seems” and that life is about “peace and prosperity.”
According to court records, this isn’t the first time the Island Boys, who now reside in the Coral Springs Wyndham Lakes West neighborhood, have had serious run-ins with the law.
In February 2022, the Coral Springs Police Department raided a home rented by the Island Boys located at 6375 Northwest 120th Drive and arrested a man named Andrew Thomas, 20, of West Palm Beach, who at the time was accused of killing an eight-year-old girl in a stray-bullet shooting.
Thomas had been at the home of the Venegas twins when he was caught three days after the murder.
In March 2022, the girlfriend of Venega’s twin brother Alex, known as Flyysoulja, alleged Frank had assaulted her in the brother’s Heron Bay home after she refused to leave.
The victim, a porn star and TikTok influencer living with the brothers at the time, told officers she was forced to lock herself in the bathroom and call 911 out of fear for her safety after.
Venegas and his twin brother first went viral on social media in November of 2021 after posting clips of their song ‘Island Boys’ on TikTok.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here. Don’t miss reading Parkland Talk, Tamarac Talk, Coconut Creek Talk, and Margate Talk.
- Ryan Yousefi has lived in Coral Springs for over 30 years. He has worked as a writer for multiple outlets over the years, including the Miami New Times where he has covered sports and culture since 2013. He holds a Bachelor’s Degree and a Master’s Degree in Business Healthcare Management from Western Governors University.
- Events2023.06.01Rapids Water Park Honors South Florida Teachers with ‘Educator Appreciation Day’ June 10
- Crime & Safety2023.05.30Man Carrying a Concealed Sword inside of Urgent Care Waiting Room Faces Charges
- Crime & Safety2023.05.277 Unrestrained Children, Open Beer Bottle: Coral Springs Resident Faces 27 Charges Following Car Accident
- Crime & Safety2023.05.27Coral Springs Police Arrest Suspect for Premeditated Murder After a Night of Chaos in Coconut Creek