By: Matt Rothman
J.P. Taravella boys bowling has been having a historic season this year and added to it with a first-place victory in the Broward County Athletic Association Bowling Championship on Tuesday.
The Trojans competed against Coral Springs Charter, Miramar, Archbishop McCarthy, Marjory Stoneman Douglas, Western, and Coral Springs High School.
Along with their victory, the Trojans have won 29 of 30 matches, with their lone loss coming to the Panthers. Leading the way for JPT are Jeremy Smith, Zachary Kimbrell, Anthony Mountcastle, and Nicholas Jobe, who all have over 3,300 pins this year.
Kimbrell’s high score this year with 266, while Jobe and Smith are averaging a score of at least 160. Christopher Mahaffey also has competed for JPT and had a high-series score of 358 this season. Kaden Sherman bowled a 123 in his first match.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student. He also works for the Mohave Valley Daily News in Bullhead City, Arizona covering high school sports.
- NewsMarch 1, 2024Rivalry Matchups Highlight Eventful Week of Athletics in Coral Springs
- NewsFebruary 22, 20245 Coral Springs Teams Compete in Regionals; Bowlers Compete in BCAA Tournament
- NewsFebruary 18, 2024Coral Glades Football Adds New Offensive Coordinator
- NewsFebruary 18, 2024Coral Springs Athletes Shine in Wrestling Tournaments and Lacrosse Matches