By: Matt Rothman
It was a tough opening game of the season for J.P Taravella boys lacrosse last Friday, but the Trojans won for the first time Monday night 12-5 against Coral Springs High School.
Aiden Lubin led the team with five goals after JPT fell to Marjory Stoneman Douglas in their first game.
“It was exciting for us to get our first win of the season,” said Head Coach Chris Young. “We came off a tough loss at home to Douglas, and we were seeking redemption in our house so, it means a lot to get our first win.”
This was the Trojans’ first win since 2019, as they went 0-8-1 in 2020 before their season was postponed due to COVID-19.
Up next, JPT will travel to West Boca Raton Community School on Thursday, February 25, with the game set to start at 6:30 p.m.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2021.11.18Coral Springs Quarterback Tyler Goodman Honored With Perseverance Award in College
- News2021.11.18Coral Springs Charter Girls Soccer Wins 4th Game in a Row Wednesday Night
- News2021.11.18J.P. Taravella Girls Soccer Team Holds Car Wash This Weekend
- News2021.11.17Hines Scores Twice Leading Coral Glades Boys Soccer to 1st Win