By: Matt Rothman
The Coral Springs High School boy’s lacrosse team won an important game on Friday night over Coral Glades High School 12-10.
The team had an excellent performance from a pair of captains in Reston Sweetney –who scored five goals, and Kevin Pena scored three in their third win of the season. The Colts trailed at halftime but received excellent goaltending from Nicholas Gebo in the fourth quarter.
Unlike the girls’ team, the boy’s are a very senior-led team, but still have a lot of young talent that can compete for the next few years.
Head Coach Josh St. Thomas, in his third year with the Colts, said they were a very well-disciplined and organized team.
“We are ready to fight in those dog fights, “he said. “We have the most commitment of any team in this county; we have the heart of a warrior, and our team is ready to go up against anyone.”
Earlier in the season, Coral Springs picked up their first victory in a 14-2 win over Flanagan High School. In their next two games, they were outscored 33-3 but earned their second win of the season over Plantation High.
Up next, the Colts will return home on Wednesday, March 11, for a matchup with West Boca Raton High School at 7 p.m. before they face J.P Taravella on the road on Thursday at 5 p.m.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2021.07.27J.P. Taravella Pitcher Jack Sinclair Signs First Pro Contract
- News2021.07.27Infielder Gavin Conticello Decides Future After Being Selected in MLB Draft
- News2021.07.27Marjory Stoneman Douglas Aidan Minott Reveals College Decision
- News2021.07.27Coral Springs’ Outfielder Caleb Roberts Officially Goes Pro