By: Jen Russon
With March underway, it is once again time for Our Town America — the longest-running free festival in the city, back for its 41st year in Coral Springs.
The three-day arts and entertainment line-up for 2020 include live music from the Front Street Band, as well as performances from local theatre and dance groups, like Next Stop Broadway, School of Rock, and Coral Springs Academy of Dance.
The Front Street Band will perform at the festival on its opening night. The group is known for its covers of classic rock songs, and can often be seen at The Walk on University Drive during live music nights on Wednesday’s.
As always, delicious treats from the festival’s food court come from local community service organizations and other nonprofits, which make the city with “Everything under the Sun” live up to its reputation.
Carnival goers can look forward to thrilling rides, arts and crafts, merchant booths, classic car show, and the fairly new addition of an Our Town America talent show, added last year to the festival program with a chance to win hundreds of dollars in prizes.
The festival said its mission is to provide a fun celebration for the whole family while raising funds for programs and services in the Broward, Palm Beach, and Miami-Dade County areas.
After the three-day festival, OurTownAmerica, Inc. will donate proceeds to local organizations in the city of Coral Springs. Ride-all-day wrist bands are $25, and parking is $5.
Festival Hours are:
Friday, March 13, from 6 p.m. to 11 p.m.
Saturday, March 14, 10 a.m. to 11 p.m.
Sunday, March 15 from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m
Our Town likened to a fantastic block party is held at the Coral Springs Sportsplex every Spring. Follow the smell of elephant ears and cotton candy to 2575 Sportsplex Drive.
- Jen Russon has been a staff writer for Talk Media since 2018. She is also a novelist, copywriter and editor at Swallow Publishing, LLC.
- Events2021.07.26Meet J.P. Taravella’s New Band Director at Dessert Event
- Events2021.07.26New Principal at Forest Glen Middle Invites Students to Attend ‘Wildcat Academy’
- Events2021.07.23‘We Won’t Pay Rent!’ Teen Cast Prepares for Opening Night of Award-Winning Musical
- Events2021.07.17United Way of Broward County Hopes to Train 300 Volunteers for ‘ReadingPals’ Literacy Program