By: Matt Rothman
The Coral Springs High School lacrosse team picked up their first win of the season following their 12-1 win over Coral Glades High School.
Abby Frank had a historical performance and led the team with seven goals, and Allison Hewitt had a hat-trick with three goals. Also, goaltender Niesha Aldajuste allowed just one goal as her defense in front of her played exceptionally well, shutting down the Coral Glades offense.
The Colts is a very young team comprised mostly of freshmen and sophomores with only two seniors on the squad. According to Head Coach Josh. St. Thomas, they have been missing that veteran leadership. However, he still believes his team can compete and have a strong season.
“My freshmen and sophomores have stepped up very well,” said St. Thomas. “They are picking the sport up very quickly, and Coral Springs lacrosse has a very bright future for the next four years.”
Coming into the game, the Colts lost to a pair of the best teams in the county in Flanagan and Cypress Bay High School, but were able to pick up their first win in their second home game of the season.
Up next, Coral Springs High School will host Fort Lauderdale on Wednesday, March 11, at 4:30 p.m.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. Originally from Long Island, he moved to Parkland shortly after high school. Along with Parkland Talk, Matt is the lone contributing writer for the New York Islanders with The Hockey Writers. He worked as the Assistant Sports Editor for his school paper, Eagle News.
- News2020.11.27Coral Glades Colton Eisenberg Donates Dollars for Charity with Every Successful Kick
- News2020.11.255 Taravella High School Bowlers Roll a Successful Season
- News2020.11.24Coral Springs Charter Bowling Has Another Terrific Season
- News2020.11.24Coral Springs High School Bowling Among Best in State