By: Matt Rothman
Seniors are Kevin Nunes, Lucas Rosada, Vance Reuthers, Nico Moreno, Martin Chiabrera, Julian Wilson, and Christian Diaz.
Nunes was named the team captain at the beginning of the year and has started in every game. Rosada and Moreno are two of the team’s hardest workers and come prepared to play hard.
Reuthers and Wilson have battled injuries throughout the year but continue to support the team this year, while Martin Chiabrera scored a goal against Dillard in the team’s 7-0 win on January 12.
“All these seniors have done wonders for me as a first-year head coach trying to build a program,” said Terrence McCorvey. “Their work ethic and tone that they have set for each other has set a standard for what it means to be a Trojan.”
The Trojans previously beat South Plantation High School 4-1 on Tuesday as JPT had three of their four goals come from juniors in Zachary Zub, Kenan Malme, and Felipe Orzco. Rosado was the lone senior to score on the team’s 4-1 win over South Plantation High School.
JPT heads into their final game of the regular season with a 7-9-3 record at home on Friday, then Plantation High School on January 21, at 7 p.m., before starting the District Playoffs in February.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2022.05.208 Students From Coral Springs Selected to BCAA All-Star Game
- News2022.05.1812 Coral Glades Student-Athletes Officially Sign to Play in College
- News2022.05.18Stephanie Basso’s 3 Home Run Game Leads CSC Softball to Regional Final
- News2022.05.17Kate Maston’s Transition from Baseball to Softball Pays off for Coral Springs Charter