By: Matt Rothman
The top two teams in the District faced off Tuesday night in the boys volleyball final featuring J.P. Taravella and Coral Glades.
The Trojans, who defeated Pine Crest 3-0 in the semifinals, faced off against their city rival in Coral Glades hours after the Jaguars also had a three-set win over Pompano Beach High School to reach the final.
In a tight battle in the final, the Trojans came away with the win in three sets to win the District Championship.
“It feels awesome,” said Head Coach Jonathan Delva. “Last year, we took a tough loss to Douglas in the District Final. This year, through all the ups and downs of not having a home gym for practices or games, we made no excuses and prepared ourselves to lock in and get the job done.”
JPT moved to 9–3 on the year and will wait to see who they will be playing in Regionals next week.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2022.05.208 Students From Coral Springs Selected to BCAA All-Star Game
- News2022.05.1812 Coral Glades Student-Athletes Officially Sign to Play in College
- News2022.05.18Stephanie Basso’s 3 Home Run Game Leads CSC Softball to Regional Final
- News2022.05.17Kate Maston’s Transition from Baseball to Softball Pays off for Coral Springs Charter