By: Matt Rothman
This was the Jaguars’ first five-set win since they defeated Marjory Stoneman Douglas in 2019. The Jaguars dropped the first set 26-24 but managed to even the match at a set apiece with their 25-23 win in the second frame. After the two teams split the following two sets, Coral Glades won in five 15-12.
“The boys had to maintain their mental strength and rely on their skill and game knowledge to continually regroup and perform as one team, one family,” said Head Coach Beth Sloane. “Their ability to trust each other and stay unified is how they persevered to win the game.”
This was the Jaguars’ fourth win of the season after beating Monarch, Northeast, and Pompano Beach — with only Charles W Flanagan High School defeating them.
Up next, Coral Glades will take on Pembroke Pines Charter on Tuesday, March 6, at 4:30 p.m.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2021.08.01Coral Springs Native Brett Roberts: A Name to Remember
- News2021.07.27J.P. Taravella Pitcher Jack Sinclair Signs First Pro Contract
- News2021.07.27Infielder Gavin Conticello Decides Future After Being Selected in MLB Draft
- News2021.07.27Marjory Stoneman Douglas Aidan Minott Reveals College Decision