By: Matt Rothman
J.P. Taravella girls soccer team had an incredible week and recorded 14 goals in their two games.
The Trojans now have scored 50 goals through their first ten games and are coming off wins against Deerfield Beach 4-0 and Miramar High School 10-1. This is the second time this season that JPT has scored at least ten goals and sit five back of their total in 2019 through their first ten games.
Offensively, Kaydine Celeste scored two goals in their win over Deerfield Beach. Natalie Pisana and Lili Merisier each had one, while Danielle Tigner was all over the field. Then, against Miramar, Layla Johnson scored four while Merisier added two more. Celeste, Adamarie Cruz, Kianna Guzman and Savana Hurlbert tallied one.
“It was total domination from start to finish,” said Head Coach Alex Palmaz. “I am very proud of this team.”
JPT was scheduled to play one more game before the holiday break against Boyd Anderson High School on Friday, December 17, but that game was canceled. They will not retake the field until January 4 for a District Game at home against Coral Springs High School on January 4 at 7 p.m.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student. He also works for the Mohave Valley Daily News in Bullhead City, Arizona covering high school sports.
- NewsMarch 1, 2024Rivalry Matchups Highlight Eventful Week of Athletics in Coral Springs
- NewsFebruary 22, 20245 Coral Springs Teams Compete in Regionals; Bowlers Compete in BCAA Tournament
- NewsFebruary 18, 2024Coral Glades Football Adds New Offensive Coordinator
- NewsFebruary 18, 2024Coral Springs Athletes Shine in Wrestling Tournaments and Lacrosse Matches