By: Matt Rothman
J.P. Taravella girls’ soccer picked up a big 7-1 win over Plantation High School on Monday to start their season.
Mia Marshall-Hewitt, Sophia Henriques, and Bree Holmes scored two goals, while Kianna Guzman scored one. Layla Palmaz and Marshall Hewitt recorded assists.
“The girls worked hard all summer to prepare for this season, and we started off strong,” said head Coach Alex Palmaz. “We got an all-star defensive performance from our captain Kaydine Celeste. We’re looking forward to what should be a successful season.”
The rest of the teams consists of Aylani Argudo, Melanie Bierman, Natalia Casseus, Adamarie Cruz, Jadeisa Francks, Brooke Herzog, Savanna Hurlbert, Tatianna Marin, Mia Marshall-Hewitt, Mackenzie Nezat, Madison Steinberg, Danielle Tigner, and Tosha Tookes.
Next, JPT will be back in action on Thursday, November 8, against Coral Glades at 4 p.m. The Jaguars won seven games a season ago and opened their season on Monday against Western High School.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2022.12.02Coral Glades Marching Band Competes in State Championship
- News2022.12.02J.P. Taravella Boys Basketball Win 1st Game with Head Coach Eric Kapel
- News2022.12.02Coral Springs High School Boys Basketball Pick Up 1st Win
- News2022.11.29Coral Springs Charter Swimmer Riley McCormick Shines at States, Makes College Pick