By: Sharon Aron Baron
Unfortunately, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, and new hygiene routines, the City of Coral Springs, is unable to run their popular Kamp Kool effectively.
After carefully reevaluating the possibility of providing a modified camp structure for Kamp Kool, they determined that the guidelines necessary to operate under Broward County Emergency Order 20-15 prevent them from providing a meaningful camp experience.
However, not all is lost as residents have multiple options through contractual camps offered in the city.
The following summer camps will operate with restrictions and CDC guidelines to mitigate the spread of COVID-19:
Virtual Camp Opportunities
- Code Explorers Start Date: June 6; a variety of sessions available
- Age Group: 10 to 13 years old
- Music Makers
- Start Date: June 8
- Age Group: 8 and up
- Joy Deco Musical Theater
- Start Date: June 1
- Age Group: 5 to 12 years old
- CSMoA Zoom into the Studio
- Start Date: June 15; a variety of sessions available
- Age Group: 6 to 17 years old
On-Site Summer Camp Opportunities
- Sawgrass Nature Center
- Start Date: July 6; registration opens June 13
- Age Group: 6 to 12 years old
- Simply Soccer
- Start Date: June 22
- Age Group: 5 to 15
- Registration is available on-line via webtrac
- Tennis Camp
- Start Date: July 6
- Age Group: 5 to 16
- Must call to register: 954-344-1840
The Coral Springs Swim Club and Diving Camps are unable to operate under the current Emergency Order restrictions. A decision may be made later in the summer—Call 954-345-2121 for more information.
In a statement, the city said protecting the health and wellbeing of the residents has been and will continue to be their central focus until they have managed to mitigate and control the spread of COVID-19 in the community.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 News Site Here.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2020.11.23Coral Springs Holiday Parade Becomes a Drive-Thru Experience
- News2020.11.20MLK Committee Hosts Inaugural Virtual Art Contest for K-12 Students
- News2020.11.20Feeding South Florida to Host Thanksgiving Food Distributions in Days Leading Up to Thanksgiving
- News2020.11.16Coral Springs Police and Dispatch Receive National Re-Accreditation