Preferring to “Think Outside the Bun” and by-pass the drive-thru at a Taco Bell, one resident literally drove through the restaurant instead.
On February 28, 23 year-old Nicole Petersen of Coral Springs was arrested by police after driving her black Volkswagen into the Taco Bell at 900 University Drive. According to reports Petersen’s car went all the way into the building, coming to a stop by the soda machine. Police found Petersen sitting on the curb in the parking lot of the restaurant with watery eyes and an odor of an alcoholic beverage on her breath.
According to police, Petersen stated that she was drinking beer at Bru’s Room Sports Grill where she was attending a going-away party for a family friend. She stated that she arrived around 6 p.m. and had two beers from a pitcher that was shared along with others in her party.
After leaving around midnight, she decided to stop by Taco Bell to get something to eat before driving home. She explained that when she drove into the parking lot of the restaurant, she navigated through the driveway for the drive-thru section of the restaurant. She then pulled into a parking spot on the north side of the restaurant, after which she placed her vehicle in reverse and collided into the restaurant.
Her blood alcohol blood level was .223 more than double the legal limit of .08 percent.
No one was injured as a result of the collision.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2020.09.19Vice Mayor Joy Carter Appointed to Serve on Florida League of Cities Legislative Policy Committee
- News2020.09.18Coral Springs Employer Awards Grants to 2 Minority-Owned Businesses
- News2020.09.17VIDEO: Coral Springs Police Respond to Alleged Rough Arrest Video
- News2020.09.14City of Coral Springs Hosts Plasma and Blood Drive