By: Sharon Aron Baron
Last week, the first annual Law Enforcement Appreciation event was held at Wings Plus in honor of the hard working men and women who protect the City of Coral Springs, and this week, the restaurant made a donation from the proceeds that will go towards several police organizations.
On Monday night, Wings Plus made a $2,000 donation from the proceeds to Team CSPD for the Police Unity Tour. This is the single largest donation they have received to date. In turn, funds will go towards the National Law Enforcement Officer’s Memorial and the National Law Enforcement Officer’s Museum in Washington, DC.
The Police Unity Tour – a 300-mile bike ride that support raising awareness for Law Enforcement Officers killed in the line of duty require funds to be raised by each of the over 1,500 Police Unity Tour participants from all across the country.
Members of CSPD will be participating in the upcoming Police Unity Tour during National Police Week where they will first depart East Hanover, New Jersey on Saturday May 9, and ride 60 miles on day one, 100 miles on day two, 100 miles day three, and 40 miles on day four until they arrive into Washington, DC and to the National Law Enforcement Officer’s Memorial.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- Events2021.04.18Next Free Food Distribution Dates In Coral Springs, Tamarac, and Pompano Beach
- Events2021.04.18No-Appointment Needed Vaccination Sites Offered at 9 Broward County Locations
- Events2021.04.18Coral Springs Celebrates EarthFest 2021 and Street Clean Up
- Events2021.04.16President, Governor, Directs Flags at Half-Staff in Honor of Indianapolis Victims on April 20