By: Sharon Aron Baron
Natural and organic grocery store Lucky’s Market has announced they will be closing their Coral Springs location.
The Colorado-based store located at 9200 Wiles Road in the Royal Eagle Plaza opened in November of 2016 to rave reviews as well as loyal shoppers.
On Tuesday morning, employees were called to a meeting and advised the store would be closing on February 12, according to our source.
Brandee Smith, of Coral Springs who shops at Lucky’s five-times-a week, was devastated to hear the news.
“I think they have amazing prices and a great variety of fresh fruits and vegetables. The employees are like family to me.”
She said the store is very community-minded, and when she brings her own reusable bags, they donate money to the three different local charities.
“Their bulk items area is amazing,” she said. “I’ll go there and buy all these things, and it’s so little money.”
According to the Sun-Sentinel, Lucky’s is closing 32 stores. Only the Melbourne store will remain open. The chain’s South Florida stores are in Coral Springs, Oakland Park, and Plantation.
The 32,000 square feet store, employed approximately 160 people and offered a large selection of local produce, fresh seafood, and a bakery. Shoppers enjoyed their wide variety of antibiotic and growth hormone-free meats, plus gluten-free products.
Customers also enjoyed their juice bar, which prepared fresh juices and smoothies throughout the day, along with an extensive beer and wine selection.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- Events2021.07.21TICKET ALERT: ‘Menopause The Musical’ Heads to the Coral Springs Center For The Arts
- Events2021.07.19TICKET ALERT: Coral Springs International Dinner Dance Celebrates the USA
- Events2021.07.13Ticket Alert: The Ultimate QUEEN Celebration Heads to the Coral Springs Center for the Arts
- Events2021.07.12Coral Springs Festival of the Arts Accepting Artist Submissions for 2022 Event