By Kevin Deutsch
A 27-year-old man charged with threatening Coral Springs Police earlier this year was arrested again Sunday after he chased and threatened a man with a butcher knife, court records show.
Randy Shillingford of Fort Lauderdale was charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, resisting an officer, and trespassing following the Nov. 14 assault inside a home in the 3500 block of Northwest 82nd Avenue, according to an arrest affidavit filed by Coral Springs Police.
“Randy has a f—–g knife; he’s trying to stab somebody,” the victim told a police dispatcher. “He’s chasing me!”
Shillingford, who then hid inside the home to avoid police, was arrested a short time later, according to the affidavit.
Shillingford was previously arrested in Coral Springs on June 26 on a charge of misdemeanor battery after he allegedly grabbed a woman inside a liquor store at 8077 W. Sample Rd., according to an arrest affidavit.
As officers drove him to the Broward Sheriff’s Office Main Jail, police said he kicked the window bars in their patrol vehicle and began a verbal barrage that lasted the duration of their trip.
“You have kids?” Shillingford allegedly asked the officers, according to the affidavit. “You better not let me find them ‘cause I’m gonna slap them in the face. I’m gonna rub my d–k all over their tongue. Then I’m gonna have ‘em go back to their daddy crying.”
“’You stupid a– white cracker’ was stated towards this officer multiple times,” a Coral Springs police officer, whose name is redacted, wrote in the affidavit.
Shillingford continued to make verbal threats, police said, telling the officers he would “knock out your kids when I see them, doesn’t matter where they are, Coral Springs, or wherever.”
He was being held on a $5,000 bond at the Broward Main Jail Wednesday.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- Kevin Deutsch is an award-winning crime journalist and author. A graduate of Florida International University, Kevin has worked on staff at The Miami Herald, New York Daily News, and The Palm Beach Post.
- Crime & Safety2022.05.19“A Growing Threat”: Rep. Deutch Applauds Passage of Resolution Condemning Rising Antisemitism
- News2022.05.16COVID Infection Totals Rising In Broward Schools
- Eat2022.05.14Coral Springs Restaurants Suffer Revenue Losses Amid Gas Outage
- News2022.05.13Coral Springs Crime Update: $472K Fraud Using False Pretense