By Ryan Yousefi
A man faces charges of domestic violence against a pregnant victim after allegedly biting her on the face inside the parking garage of their shared workplace.
According to the police report, officers found a distressed Enhance Health employee with visible injuries she alleged resulted from a physical altercation with her ex-boyfriend, later identified as Andres Campos Marquettie, 36, of Hollywood, who was also an employee at Enhance Health.
The victim, who is currently six months pregnant, told officers they had met while working together at Enhance Health but had recently had relationship problems. According to the victim, the altercation stemmed from a disagreement over personal belongings Campos-Marquettie demanded to be returned to him from within her vehicle.
Records show the victim told officers Campos-Marquetti allegedly became aggressive and demanded access to the woman’s vehicle, but when she refused, she claimed he slapped a drink out of her hand and attempted to snatch her purse away.
The victim told CSPD the situation quickly turned increasingly violent, and Campos-Marquettie allegedly bit her on the right side of her cheek during a struggle over the vehicle’s keys, according to the report.
After managing to obtain the vehicle key and retrieve his belongings, the victim told CSPD Campos-Marquettie left the scene, leaving her with what is described in the arrest report with injuries that included a visible bite mark, a broken and bleeding nail on her left hand, and a swollen right thumb.
CSPD requested emergency medical services to the scene, and the victim was subsequently transported to Broward Health Coral Springs for medical attention.
Meanwhile, CSPD officers contacted Campos-Marquettie, located inside the Enhance Health building.
Upon interview, he admitted to attempting to retrieve his belongings from the victim’s vehicle but claimed that the victim had initiated the aggression, adding that she assaulted him while he was trying to retrieve the key from her purse.
Based on the statements from both parties and the evidence gathered, CSPD determined that Campos-Marquettie had a domestic battery with the knowledge that the victim was pregnant.
Campos-Marquettie was placed under arrest and transported to the Broward County Main Jail.
- Ryan Yousefi has lived in Coral Springs for over 30 years. He has worked as a writer for multiple outlets over the years, including the Miami New Times where he has covered sports and culture since 2013. He holds a Bachelor’s Degree and a Master’s Degree in Business Healthcare Management from Western Governors University.
- Crime & SafetyDecember 1, 2023Coral Springs Police Issue Urgent Warning In Response to Rising Check Theft
- Crime & SafetyNovember 30, 2023Man Caught on Surveillance Masturbating Outside Coral Springs Business Plaza
- EventsNovember 30, 2023Celebrate Chanukah with Family Fun in Coral Springs
- EventsNovember 30, 2023The Walk of Coral Springs Annual Toys for Tots Drive Part of Local 10’s Big Bus Toy Express