By Ryan Yousefi
A man was arrested and charged with domestic battery and violation of a restraining order after assaulting a Coral Springs woman.
On July 25, Coral Springs Police received a call at 2:54 pm concerning a domestic dispute. When police arrived at the residence, they were met by the victim who informed them John Paul Fyke, 54, had punched her in the face.
Officers observed injuries to the victim’s left upper lip and additional facial swelling.
According to the report, the victim was distraught and complained of pain to both sides of her face. The victim told police that Fyke had struck her and left the residence.
She also told police she had a prior restricting order against Fyke. This order was issued in January and had not expired and stated Fyke was restricted from “assaulting, threatening, abusing, following, harassing, stalking, or interfering with the victim.”
Once officers were able to make contact with Fyke, he claimed the victim had struck him in the back when he was leaning over to put shoes on. Fyke also claimed the victim struck him three additional times with a closed fist, injuring his lip and chin.
Fyke denied striking the victim.
After an investigation of both party’s claims, officers determined Fyke was the aggressor in the incident and had struck the victim. He was then placed under arrest and violation of the restraining order and domestic assault.
Fyke was transported to the Coral Springs Police Department for booking and later transferred to the Broward County main jail without incident.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 News Site Here
- Ryan Yousefi has lived in Coral Springs for over 30 years. He has worked as a writer for multiples outlets over the years, including the Miami New Times where he has covered sports and culture since 2013. He holds a Bachelor’s Degree and a Master’s Degree in Business Healthcare Management from Western Governors University.
- Crime & Safety2021.04.21Broward Schools Superintendent Robert Runcie Arrested For Perjury
- News2021.03.26COVID-19 and Vaccine Update for March 26: Coral Springs Crosses 12,000 Case Threshold
- News2021.03.24Coral Springs COVID-19 and Vaccine Update for March 24
- News2021.03.22Coral Springs COVID-19 and Vaccine Update for March 22