By: Sharon Aron Baron
In a SWAT team standoff, a suicidal man died in a police-involved shooting in Coral Springs.
The Broward Sheriff’s Office homicide detectives are investigating the fatal police-involved shooting that occurred just after 1 p.m. on Wednesday.
Coral Springs Police responded to the home of Robert Page, 71, at the 11200 block of NW 11th Court after receiving notification that he was threatening suicide. Officers were told Page had weapons in the home.
The Coral Springs Special Weapons and Tactics Team responded and negotiators attempted to get Page to exit the home. Once he complied, he exited the home armed with a shotgun and refused officer’s commands. The circumstances of what led to the shooting remain under investigation, but two Coral Springs police officers fired their weapons. Page was pronounced dead at the scene. No one else was injured.
In accordance with Coral Springs Police Department policy, the officers were placed on administrative leave pending the outcome of the investigation.
The Broward Sheriff’s Office is investigating the incident at the request of the Coral Springs Police Department.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2020.10.28Church by the Glades Holds 2020 Spooktacular Halloween Event
- News2020.10.27Artist Honors the Military in ‘Soldier Stories’ at the Coral Springs Museum of Art
- News2020.10.27Chabad of Coral Springs Holds Free Food Distribution on Wednesday
- News2020.10.25Latest Crime Update for Coral Springs Through October 20