By: Sharon Aron Baron
In a SWAT team standoff, a suicidal man died in a police-involved shooting in Coral Springs.
The Broward Sheriff’s Office homicide detectives are investigating the fatal police-involved shooting that occurred just after 1 p.m. on Wednesday.
Coral Springs Police responded to the home of Robert Page, 71, at the 11200 block of NW 11th Court after receiving notification that he was threatening suicide. Officers were told Page had weapons in the home.
The Coral Springs Special Weapons and Tactics Team responded and negotiators attempted to get Page to exit the home. Once he complied, he exited the home armed with a shotgun and refused officer’s commands. The circumstances of what led to the shooting remain under investigation, but two Coral Springs police officers fired their weapons. Page was pronounced dead at the scene. No one else was injured.
In accordance with Coral Springs Police Department policy, the officers were placed on administrative leave pending the outcome of the investigation.
The Broward Sheriff’s Office is investigating the incident at the request of the Coral Springs Police Department.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- Events2019.08.19Young Chef’s Academy Holds ‘Open House’ in Coral Springs
- Crime & Safety2019.08.19Crash on Sawgrass Expressway Leaves One Victim Dead
- Eat2019.08.19There’s Only a Short Wait Until Five Guys Opening Date
- Crime & Safety2019.08.16Man Arrested in 1983 Coral Springs Sexual Battery Case Thanks to DNA Evidence