By: Sharon Aron Baron
The Mayor’s Chess Challenge heads back to Coral Springs this month.
This free and friendly series of meet-ups, spearheaded by Sunrise Mayor Michael Ryan in cooperation with Mayors from throughout Broward County, draws attention to the benefits of chess in both the academic environment and in our community. Coral Springs Mayor Skip Campbell, a law partner of Ryan’s at Krupnick Campbell, will head it up once again as the event rotates to various cities every few weeks.
This month, the challenge will be held on Saturday, January 13, 2018 at 9 a.m. – 11 a.m. at Coral Glades High School. Families and students of all ages are invited to join the Mayor, along with other elected officials and community leaders, for a game of chess. This is a free, open play event, so registration is not necessary.
Coral Glades High School is located at 2700 Sporstplex Drive.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2021.02.25Congress Reintroduce Bipartisan EAGLES Act Mass Violence Prevention Bill
- News2021.02.25Coral Springs Man Becomes a Millionaire After Routine Visit to Grocery Store
- News2021.02.24Coral Springs Teen Among Elite Group of Students Named to Philanthropy Tank Class of 2021
- News2021.02.23CVS Will Offer COVID-19 Vaccinations Said Gov DeSantis