By: Sharon Aron Baron
The Mayor’s Chess Challenge heads back to Coral Springs this month.
This free and friendly series of meet-ups, spearheaded by Sunrise Mayor Michael Ryan in cooperation with Mayors from throughout Broward County, draws attention to the benefits of chess in both the academic environment and in our community. Coral Springs Mayor Skip Campbell, a law partner of Ryan’s at Krupnick Campbell, will head it up once again as the event rotates to various cities every few weeks.
This month, the challenge will be held on Saturday, January 13, 2018 at 9 a.m. – 11 a.m. at Coral Glades High School. Families and students of all ages are invited to join the Mayor, along with other elected officials and community leaders, for a game of chess. This is a free, open play event, so registration is not necessary.
Coral Glades High School is located at 2700 Sporstplex Drive.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- Events2021.07.30Coral Springs Center for the Arts Announces 11 Concerts, Comedy, and Shows
- Events2021.07.21TICKET ALERT: ‘Menopause The Musical’ Heads to the Coral Springs Center For The Arts
- Events2021.07.19TICKET ALERT: Coral Springs International Dinner Dance Celebrates the USA
- Events2021.07.13Ticket Alert: The Ultimate QUEEN Celebration Heads to the Coral Springs Center for the Arts