By: Sharon Aron Baron
Residents are invited to a complimentary artist reception featuring contemporary artist Raul Vega while enjoying light refreshments and hors d’oeuvres.
Held on December 12. at 6 p.m. at the Coral Springs Museum of Art, guests can meet the artist and see his works on display in the gallery.
Vega specializes in textured canvasses, using a rich mixture of layered paints, which are often applied with brushes in combination with pallet knife creating a dramatic and very intriguing optical and dimensional effect.
He has developed a unique technique that benefits the artist’s creative vision. His work is evidence that his patience and artistic development from his days formally studying art at the College of Mayaguez, University of Puerto Rico, and the Catholic University of Ponce, PR, and later, at the prestigious Pratt Institute, have remarkably paid off.
Vega distinguishes himself stylistically through his aggressive textured surfaces, and purposeful abstract patterns created by nature and manipulated by man.
His work has expanded throughout his career while retaining certain characteristic elements of his unique style of painting.
Vega’s work is on display in the East Gallery through Saturday, December 28, 2019. The Coral Springs Museum of Art is located at 2855A Coral Springs Drive.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2020.11.23Coral Springs Holiday Parade Becomes a Drive-Thru Experience
- News2020.11.20MLK Committee Hosts Inaugural Virtual Art Contest for K-12 Students
- News2020.11.20Feeding South Florida to Host Thanksgiving Food Distributions in Days Leading Up to Thanksgiving
- News2020.11.16Coral Springs Police and Dispatch Receive National Re-Accreditation