By: Sharon Aron Baron
It’s been 35 years since Paul Reuben’s classic, quirky sensation Pee-wee’s Big Adventure hit theaters.
A critical and financial triumph at the box office, the 1985 comedy, Pee-wee’s Big Adventure, starring and co-written by Reubens grossed over $40 million domestically and made Pee-wee Herman a household name.
The movie marked the feature film directorial debut of Tim Burton and the first major studio film for composer Danny Elfman, beginning the now legendary filmmaking duo’s partnership which has resulted in 16 films over the last three decades. The movie is a timeless classic that continues to entertain and enthrall generations of fans to this day.
The 35th anniversary of the film is being celebrated with Pee-wee’s Big Adventure 35th Anniversary Tour with Paul Reubens including a show at the Coral Springs Center for the Arts on Saturday, March 14 at 7:30 p.m. Each event will include a special screening of the film, followed by amazing stories about the making of the movie told by Paul Reubens.
Tickets start at $49.50 and go on public sale this Friday, December 13, by calling the Box Office at 954-344-5990 or going online to www.TheCenterCS.com. Three levels of exclusive VIP packages will be available that include a ticket as well as a super-secret gift, plus photo opportunity as well as a signed print. For further details visit peewee.com.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2020.09.18Coral Springs Employer Awards Grants to 2 Minority-Owned Businesses
- News2020.09.17VIDEO: Coral Springs Police Respond to Alleged Rough Arrest Video
- News2020.09.14City of Coral Springs Hosts Plasma and Blood Drive
- News2020.09.14Service Hours Offered for Students at Chabad of Coral Springs Free Food Distribution