By Jill Fox
Six Coral Springs principals were nominated by their peers in this year’s “Principal of the Year” contest by Broward County Public Schools.
Among those nominated for the principal of the year were Sara La Rosa of Coral Springs Middle School, Ronald Forsman of Forest Glen Middle School, Katherine Policastro of Park Springs Elementary School, James Cecil of Sawgrass Springs Middle School, Marietta DeArmas of J.P. Taravella High School and Melissa Frame-Geraine of Westchester Elementary School.
The award, given by Broward County Public Schools recognizes outstanding school administrators for their contributions to students, schools, and communities. Nominees are judged on several criteria, including educational history and professional activities, creativity and innovation, leadership, professional recognition, and achievements.
Although the six candidates did not make it into the finals, those who did from other local schools will be recognized at the 2020 Caliber Awards Ceremony recognizing the district’s outstanding teachers, principals, assistant principals, and school-related employees on January 16 at the Greater Fort Lauderdale/Broward County Convention Center.
- Jill Fox is an Emmy Award-winning writer and producer. She has worked in public relations and television for over 20 years. Fox lives in Parkland with her husband and their two children.
- Crime & Safety2022.01.21Great News! Coral Springs Ranked 13th Safest City in America
- News2022.01.13Developer To Revise Plans For Heron Bay Development Project
- News2021.12.23‘It’s A Christmas Miracle’: Man Survives From Heart Attack Thanks to Good Samaritan
- Crime & Safety2021.12.17Coral Springs Neighborhood On Alert After Vehicle Break-In