By Jill Fox
Six Coral Springs principals were nominated by their peers in this year’s “Principal of the Year” contest by Broward County Public Schools.
Among those nominated for the principal of the year were Sara La Rosa of Coral Springs Middle School, Ronald Forsman of Forest Glen Middle School, Katherine Policastro of Park Springs Elementary School, James Cecil of Sawgrass Springs Middle School, Marietta DeArmas of J.P. Taravella High School and Melissa Frame-Geraine of Westchester Elementary School.
The award, given by Broward County Public Schools recognizes outstanding school administrators for their contributions to students, schools, and communities. Nominees are judged on several criteria, including educational history and professional activities, creativity and innovation, leadership, professional recognition, and achievements.
Although the six candidates did not make it into the finals, those who did from other local schools will be recognized at the 2020 Caliber Awards Ceremony recognizing the district’s outstanding teachers, principals, assistant principals, and school-related employees on January 16 at the Greater Fort Lauderdale/Broward County Convention Center.
- Jill Fox is an Emmy Award-winning writer and producer. She has worked on the public relations side as well as the television side of marketing for NBC Universal. A true Floridian, Fox grew up in Ormond Beach and earned her Bachelor’s Degree in Economics and Advertising from the University of Miami. During college, Fox enjoyed working at Walt Disney World. She loves living in Parkland with her husband, Brian and their two children, Madden, 10 and Randi, 7.
- News2021.01.15State Rep Christine Hunschofsky Launches High School Internship Program
- News2021.01.14Save Money at Coral Springs Restaurants and More with the North Broward Discount Card
- News2020.12.11North Springs Improvement District In Talks To Purchase Heron Bay Golf & Country Club
- News2020.11.26MSD Eagle Regiment Sells Poinsettias To Raise Money for London Trip