By: Jen Russon
Friends of the Veterinary Clinic at South Gate organized a mid-May memorial service to honor Dr. Michael Horbal that will take place appropriately at the dog park located in Tamarac.
Horbal’s sudden death on April 29 sent shock waves through the pet owner community of Tamarac and Coral Springs, with friends and patients of the beloved vet eager to pay it forward in whatever way they could.
Horbal left behind three dogs, currently in the care of his veterinary assistant, Kasia Palmer. Various fundraising and food drive efforts for his pets are now underway, along with the possibility of petitioning to name a dog park after Horbal soon.
An outdoor ceremony celebrating the life and career of Michael Horbal will be held at the Gary B. Jones Park for People and Pets on Sunday, May 16. The city of Tamarac will close the dog park at 4 p.m., immediately following the farmer’s market scheduled for that day.
While the memorial service is at a dog park, organizers shared that owners should leave their pets at home since space is expected to be limited.
Anyone who wishes to reflect and speak about their personal perspective on Dr. Horbal’s life and legacy is encouraged to do so.
The Gary B. Jones dog park is located at 8101 Southgate Boulevard in Tamarac.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- Jen Russon has been a staff writer for Talk Media since 2018. She is also a novelist, copywriter and editor at Swallow Publishing, LLC.
- Events2021.06.21Senior Activist Recognized by the City at 100th Birthday Party
- Events2021.06.09Next Stop Broadway Has Session 2 Summer Slots Still Available
- Events2021.06.03Coral Springs Museum of Art Debuts Mix and Mingle ‘Happy Hour’ Nights
- News2021.06.01Coral Springs Center of the Arts Director’s Son Battles Rare Form of Liver Cancer