By: Matt Rothman
The Florida Junior Panthers hockey team was crowned the SAHOF State Championships following their overtime win.
Not only did Michael Frederick score the game-timing goal, but he recorded the game-winning goal in overtime to lift his team to a championship with their win over Central Florida Bear Hockey.
“I couldn’t have done it without all of my teammates,” said Frederick. “Scoring both goals could not happen without the two perfect setups from Luke Colton. I didn’t think it could get any better than scoring the tying goal, but then when I scored the winning goal, and my team swarmed on me, it was the greatest feeling.”
Earlier this season, the Panthers won five in and out of State Tournaments, including the Southeast Regional Silver Stick Tournament, which granted them a spot in the North American Silver Stick Final.
Cole Rosen leads the team with 66 goals in 68 games and has 127 points. Brian Pine and Frederick have scored at least 46 goals this season, while Christian Renaud and Justin Rosenthal have eclipsed 30 goals. The Panthers are averaging 5.2 goals per game and have been getting incredible goaltending from Jasper Brophy and Rutger Grady.
The rest of the team consists of Oleg Zelenko, Justin Rosenthal, Luke Colton, Brandon Jones, JP Ameen, Ryan Miller, William Fischer, Devlin Buell, Michael Ros, DJ Ramos, Topher Moore, Anthony Kraus, and Tomas Paz.
“It’s all about them learning as much as they can in very little time through many events on and off the ice,” said Head Coach Rasoslav Konency. “These kids have been doing it, which is the result they earned.”
The Panthers are currently 64-9 this year and are set to play in the USA National Tournament in Amherst, New York, on March 30-April 3.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here. Don’t miss reading Parkland Talk, Tamarac Talk, Coconut Creek Talk, and Margate Talk.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2023.03.19Coral Springs High School Girls Lacrosse Win 1st Game Since 2021 on Senior Night
- News2023.03.196 Coral Springs Track and Field Athletes Win BCAA Championships
- News2023.03.18Coral Springs Charter Boys and Girls Tennis Defeat Cardinal Gibbons
- News2023.03.17Coral Springs High School Varsity Baseball Wins 4th Game; JV Team Records 3rd Win