By Tim Priester
Coral Springs is encouraging all artists to submit a proposal for an opportunity to be the next featured artist for an interactive sculpture along the ArtWalk.
The last artist call, in 2019, had 73 applicants with Amie Jacobson’s Give Them Wings as the committee’s final selection.
“We hope to have an even better response this year so it can add to a collection that stirs thoughtful discussions and dialogue,” said Chief Planner Christopher Suneson.
To qualify, the applicant should have a resume highlighting art experience, at least three previous examples of implemented work in public spaces, and submit a drawing for consideration.
The artist application deadline is Tuesday, December 22, 2020. A jury will shortlist three finalists, each winning a $1,000 fee on January 11, 2021. Once shortlisted, the remaining three will need to provide a detailed drawing, budget, and a 3-D rendering for their proposed art installation.
On February 8, 2021, the final artist will be selected and given a budget of $97,000 to complete the permanent design.
The ArtWalk, located at NW 31st Court, was originally constructed in 2015 and has five permanent art installations, making it one of the leading destinations for outdoor public art.
For more information, visit the City of Coral Springs Public Art website.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 News Site Here.
- Prior to moving to Coral Springs and being promoted to a stay-at-home dad of three lovely children, Tim Priester was a TESOL and writing instructor at both the college and elementary school level. His passion for writing has meant being featured in both online and print media.
- News2021.02.10After Neck Injury, Coral Springs Charter Grad Moved to Jackson Memorial for Rehabilitation
- News2021.01.163-Year-Old Dies After Drowning in Coral Springs Pool
- News2020.12.31Coral Springs Center of the Arts Live-Streams ’A Salute to Vienna and Budapest’ Through Jan 3
- News2020.12.29Coral Springs Coconut Creek Regional Chamber Hosts Economic Symposium