By: Matt Rothman
Colton Eisenberg hasn’t signed to play college football, but that could change quickly.
The senior and kicker/punter on the Coral Glades High School football team is having an extraordinary year while giving back to the community.
At the beginning of the season, Colton tweeted he would be donating $5 to Joe DiMaggio Children Hospital for every field goal or kickoff that ends in a touchback as well as every punt downed inside the 20-yard line this season.
After four games, he raised $125, including a $40 donation from Coral Springs Charter School player Mason Phillips after the two teams competed against each other in October.
Colton got the fundraising idea from his father, Marc, who held a holiday toy drive 20 years ago with his on-air radio partner for the Joe DiMaggio Children Hospital, raising over $1,000 for toys. With the challenges people are going through, Colton wanted to do something on his own.
“I am lucky because I have my health, and I get to play football,” Colton said. “I can’t even begin to imagine what these families must deal with. I know it isn’t a lot of money, but if I can help one or two kids for the holidays, that would be great.”
This is not the first time Colton has donated to charity. Last season, he donated money to the American Red Cross, with Assistant Principal Michele Stein matching his $60 donation.
Now, Colton is focused on helping his team win their first playoff game in school history against Miami High School, and along the way, increase his donation money.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 News Site Here.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student. Matt also covers the New York Islanders for The Hockey Writer, the New York Mets for Last Word on Baseball and Florida Gators Athletics for ESPN Gainesville.
- News2021.04.172 Freshmen on Coral Springs Charter Baseball Team Throw Combined No-Hitter
- News2021.04.16Andre Barnes 10th Coral Glades Athlete to Commit to College this Year
- News2021.04.16Alex Bruno Makes History for Coral Springs Charter Track and Field
- News2021.04.165 Coral Springs Charter Athletes Officially Sign to Play in College