By Sharon Aron Baron
On Friday, we broke the news of a small Piper Aircraft plane making an emergency landing on the Sawgrass Expressway on our Facebook page.
According to the Florida Highway Patrol, at 10:33 p.m. a call came in about an emergency landing that had been performed by an airplane eastbound on the Sawgrass Expressway, just west of University Drive.
The pilot, a 29-year-old male, had a mechanical issue that affected the flow of fuel, and not being able to return to his home base safely, was forced to land the aircraft on the Sawgrass Expressway.
The pilot was able to perform the landing without affecting any of the traffic at the time, and the pilot suffered no injuries.
The right and center lanes were blocked at the time of the landing until the airplane was safely removed from the roadway and onto the median shoulder.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 News Site Here
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2021.02.27Arson, Burglary, and Battery, This Week in Coral Springs Crime
- News2021.02.26Dr. Andrea Pryce Selected as Operations Manager for the Coral Springs Regional Institute of Public Safety
- Crime & Safety2021.02.26FOUND: Parkland Teen Missing after Disagreement at Home
- News2021.02.25Congress Reintroduce Bipartisan EAGLES Act Mass Violence Prevention Bill