By Bryan Boggiano
Retro Fitness seeks to crunch the competition.
In December, the gym opens its new location in the Tamarac Town Square at 8129 N. Pine Island Road, close to Coral Springs, with a tentative opening date next month.
According to Alan Turkin, general manager, Retro Fitness is a 21st-century facility complete with modern Matrix equipment and group classes that train the body and soothe the mind.
“The club will offer world-class equipment, unlimited group classes, tanning, Zen Den with massage chairs, bring a friend every time with our Ultimate memberships, and more.”
For members who want a cardio session, each machine comes with a console with local television channels, cable, and Netflix. So, while members work out, they can also catch up on the “Squid Game.”
There is also a wide assortment of strength equipment and free weights, with personal training and group classes available. The group classes, offered at most times of the day, include Zumba and yoga.
The new 15,000 square-foot facility will have a Zen den that includes red-light therapy, massage chairs, and tanning beds. Members can also enjoy a smoothie bar with a wide selection of pre-and post-workout drinks like protein shakes. Members will have access to the Retro Fitness App with exclusive content, including Retro Fitness Kitchen featuring healthy cooking recipes, Nutritional tips from certified Nutritionists, mental health series, and much more.
Retro Fitness’s hours will be from 5 a.m. through 11 p.m. from Monday to Friday. On Saturdays and Sundays, it will be open from 7 a.m. until 7 p.m.
Turkin said that all new members get a fitness assessment that includes their body fat percentage, water weight amount, and more information about body composition. A state-of-the-art machine does this. However, most gyms do not have this because it is expensive. But, he said that this helps members set realistic fitness goals.
The Retro Fitness Support Center is located in West Palm Beach and has 120+ locations open or in development throughout the United States.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- Bryan has a degree in journalism from the University of Florida and earned his masters in geosciences from Florida International University, where he focused in atmospheric sciences. His interests include weather, entertainment, and municipal government.
- NewsJanuary 1, 2024BEST OF 2023: Inspiring Fitness Journey Earns Resident National Recognition
- NewsNovember 20, 2023Charter School Alum Works Toward Equity For Black Veterans
- NewsNovember 16, 2023Coral Springs Joins Regional Climate Effort, Commits to Bold Action Plan for Environmental Resilience
- NewsNovember 8, 2023Meet Dr. Juliana Forero: Leading Coral Springs Museum to New Heights with Inclusivity