By: Sharon Aron Baron
Something new will be hitting the sweet spot of every Coral Springs resident when Nothing Bundt Cakes opens their doors on Friday.
The bakery franchise, founded in Las Vegas by long-time friends Dena Tripp and Debbie Shwetz in 1997, brings back the bundt cake from the 50’s but with more sizes and flavors. With the addition of the Coral Springs location, they now have 212 locations around the country and ten in Florida.
Made with fresh eggs, real butter and cream cheese in 40 unique designs and ten flavors including: Red Velvet, Chocolate Chocolate Chip, Lemon, Marble, Pecan Praline, Carrot, Classic Vanilla, Cinnamon Swirl, White Chocolate Raspberry and one gluten-free flavor, the sizes range from bundtinis, bite-sized bundts, to larger bundts and tiered cakes.
Franchise owners Nastazia Laguerre and Dennis Wellert, who recently moved from Miami to Coral Springs, are excited about the opportunity to open a Nothing Bundt Cakes in the city.
“Having lived in New York, Las Vegas and Miami, we were looking for a culturally-diverse, family-friendly city to raise our two children and found the perfect place in Coral Springs,” said Laguerre.
On Friday, there will be free samples for everyone and one lucky guest will win free bundt cakes for a year. There will also be more promotions in July during their official Grand Opening event.
Thursday, July 13, 2017
12:00 p.m. – Ribbon Cutting with the Coral Springs Regional Chamber of Commerce
Friday, July 14, 2017
Coral Springs Youth Soccer Benefit Day – 20 percent of sales will be donated to this organization providing recreational soccer to the young people of Coral Springs.
Saturday, July 15, 2017
10:00 a.m. – Free Bundtlets for a Year for first 50 Guests (one Bundtlet per month for 12 months) along with cake tastes and coffee sampling from L&S Personal Coffee.
12:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. – Family Fun Event – Bring the kids to enjoy face painting, balloon art and a’bundt’ant samples of their delicious cakes.
Nothing Bundt Cakes is located at 1949 N. University Drive near the Miller Ale House.
Hours: Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., Saturday from 10 a.m, to 6 p.m. and Sunday from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2020.09.205 Cases of Child Abuse Reported this Week in Coral Springs Crime
- News2020.09.19Vice Mayor Joy Carter Appointed to Serve on Florida League of Cities Legislative Policy Committee
- News2020.09.18Coral Springs Employer Awards Grants to 2 Minority-Owned Businesses
- News2020.09.17VIDEO: Coral Springs Police Respond to Alleged Rough Arrest Video