By Jill Fox
Whether you prefer the ever-popular Gravitron or the traditional merry-go-round, Our Town America has something for everyone at the 40th anniversary of the longest running event in Coral Springs.
Touted as an exciting family festival featuring Coral Springs at its best, the event will feature an array of live entertainment, games, amusements, arts and crafts and local merchants.
Beginning on Friday, March 8, the three-day arts, entertainment, and business festival will showcase local community talent, including a selection of bands, dancing, martial arts and theatrical performances geared towards family fun. In addition to the yearly classic car show, attendees will get a special treat with the all-new Our Town’s Got Talent show, where acts will be judged in Coral Springs own version of “America’s Got Talent.” Participants will compete for monetary prizes, including $300 for first place.
All proceeds from the festival will be donated to local community service organizations and other nonprofits in the tri-county area.
According to co-chairman Joe Pozzuoli, who has been involved with the event since its inception in 1979, people have a great time at the yearly event. The fact that it does good for the community is an extra added bonus.
Pozzuoli, who also emcees the event, said no one makes a profit, and everyone who performs is doing so as a donation.
The festival will take place at the Coral Springs Sportsplex, located between Sample Road and Royal Palm just East of the Sawgrass Expressway.
Friday, March 8 from 6 p.m. to 11 p.m.
Saturday, March 9 from 10 a.m. to 11 p.m.
Sunday, March 10 from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
The Sportsplex is located at 2575 Sportsplex Drive in Coral Springs.
- Jill Fox is an Emmy Award-winning writer and producer. She has worked in public relations and television for over 20 years. Fox lives in Parkland with her husband and their two children.
- News2021.07.27Local Family Raises $7,000 Selling Watermelon for a Great Cause
- Events2021.07.26Former Coral Springs Softball Player Forms New Girls’ 12U Team
- Events2021.07.25Jewish Culture Organization Opens Headquarters In Coral Springs
- Events2021.06.28Mah Jongg Players Meet For 2 Summer Gatherings At Family Bagels