By: Matt Rothman
The Parkridge Christian Academy boys’ basketball team took first place, winning its first conference championship, defeating Calvary Christian Academy Hollywood 27-22 on Thursday.
After falling behind early, the boys rallied to take a 21-16 lead and held on for the five-point win despite missing their leading scorer Juan Fernandez, who averaged 17 points per game. Sawyer Fuchs led the team in the Championship Game with ten points and 16 rebounds. Tron Lafavor added eight, while Jackson Stanton and Jovanni Defalco combined for nine points, 12 rebounds, and eight steals.
Leo Payan, Durham Wood, and Haden Walls also played well in the win, along with contributions from Luke McClymont, Khalil Manuel, Matthew Marlin, Jack Feldman, and Elijah Fuchs all year. They also had a pair of team managers, Titus Halulko and Michael Aquino.
Head Coach Cory Spencer could not be prouder of his team after running a winless season last year into a Championship while not losing a game with much of the same team.
“They’ve matured physically and mentally, and the results speak for themselves,” Spencer said. “I want to celebrate these young men for their dedication to their craft and persistent desire to glorify the Lord with their efforts. It means a lot to the boys and myself.”
Parkridge is located on Coral Ridge Drive in Coral Springs.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here. Don’t miss reading Parkland Talk, Tamarac Talk, Coconut Creek Talk, and Margate Talk.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2023.03.19Coral Springs High School Girls Lacrosse Win 1st Game Since 2021 on Senior Night
- News2023.03.196 Coral Springs Track and Field Athletes Win BCAA Championships
- News2023.03.18Coral Springs Charter Boys and Girls Tennis Defeat Cardinal Gibbons
- News2023.03.17Coral Springs High School Varsity Baseball Wins 4th Game; JV Team Records 3rd Win