Augmented Reality Scan
By: David Russell
Say farewell to spending a small fortune on a traditional physical therapy and hello to inexpensive, convenient, and comfortable engaging consultations you can have in your pocket.
Coral Springs Sports and Orthopedic Center has become the nexus to some of the country’s top medical augmented reality and artificial intelligence researchers.
Researchers were awarded multiple grants from the National Science Foundation (I-Corps) and are in the process of obtaining a US patent for their augmented reality and artificial intelligence technology. The team’s latest work aims to gamify physical therapy by incorporating biometrics and video technology, making medical treatment more accessible and reducing logistics costs for patients.
The goal is to provide personalized and affordable healthcare through technology-driven, consumer-centric methods.
The technology utilizes a Magic Leap Augmented Reality Headset to track body and eye movements while healthcare providers remotely monitor the patient’s therapy.
“The team’s mission is to include this technology in physical therapy centers, community centers, and healthcare settings through an affordable subscription model,” said Harshal Sanghvi.
The project’s major outcome is to provide personalized healthcare to the community. The team’s next milestone is to acquire FDA approval for their therapy models, beginning with a clinical trial for frozen shoulder disorders and autism.
Although the technology is currently expensive, with the headset costing around $3,000, the price is projected to decrease, and AR headsets will be available to rent, making them more economical and efficient.
“This collaboration between Sports and Orthopedic Center, FAU, Advanced Research, and Broward Health offers opportunities for engineers and medical professionals to work together to achieve further developments in Ophthalmology and Orthopedics.” said Shailesh Gupta.
The ground breaking research is a collaboration between Sanghvi, Manish Gupta, M.D. Shailesh Gupta, M.D. Javad Hashemi, Ph.D., Abhijit S. Pandya, Ph.D., and B. Sue Graves, Ed.D.
The team invites the community to participate in clinical trials, become developers pioneering in AI and AR and help share this life-changing technology with the world.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here. Don’t miss reading Parkland Talk, Tamarac Talk, Coconut Creek Talk, and Margate Talk.
- A Coral Springs native, Florida State University graduate, and eternal optimist, David strives to find the local hidden gems in South Florida. He has a strong interest in technology, finance, and comedy.
- News2023.03.09Sawgrass Springs Middle School Hosts Inaugural Incubate Debate Tournament
- News2023.03.08Coral Springs Sports and Orthopedic Center, FAU, Broward Health, & Advanced Research: Revolutionizing Healthcare Using Artificial Intelligence
- Events2023.03.07Marjory Stoneman Douglas DECA Juniors Launch Career Closet Initiative to Empower Students in Need
- Events2023.03.03Battle of the Brains: J.P. Taravella Competes on Episode of School Duel