By: Sharon Aron Baron
Typically pumpkins aren’t widely produced in Florida, but it’s always fun to pretend to find the perfect pumpkin to pluck from a local patch.
Parkridge Church wants you to pick up your pumpkins now until Halloween with proceeds going to a good cause, said member Cris Darling who oversees the decorations for the event.
“This event is way for us to connect with our community and help raise funds for our youth group mission trip next year,” said Darling.
Visitors to the Parkridge Church patch can pose for a photo at their selfie station with “The Great Pumpkin” as Darling calls it. She said she had a crazy idea to build a three by four feet high pumpkin which took seven days, and along with it taking a few men and a truck to move it from her garage to the church.
Hours are: Weekdays: noon – sunset. Weekends: 10 a.m.- sunset. Located at 5600 Coral Ridge Drive, Coral Springs 33076.
Cris Darling’s “The Great Pumpkin” with her son Dylan and Michele Brown
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- Crime & Safety2021.03.05No Injuries Reported After Firefighters Quickly Put Out Fire in Coral Springs Home
- Events2021.03.05Next Stop Broadway is Back with Singing, Dancing, and Acting Classes March – May 2021
- Events2021.03.04Coral Springs Residents May Qualify for Free Tax Help Through Broward Tax Pro
- News2021.03.03School Duel Features Coral Glades High School in Quiz Show