By: Chris Brunner
Broward Sheriff’s Office Traffic Homicide detectives are investigating an incident where a pedestrian was struck by a truck as he traveled into the vehicle’s path while crossing the road Tuesday night in Pompano Beach.
At 10:51 p.m. on June 17, Carlos Rodriguez, 50, was crossing S. Dixie Hwy. from east to west, and walked into the path of a 1993 Ford Ranger truck driven by Charles Miller, 53, of Coral Springs.
Miller was traveling southbound in the center lane. Rodriguez was struck by the front right side of Miller’s truck. The pedestrian suffered fatal injuries and was pronounced dead on scene by Pompano Beach Fire Rescue.
Anyone with additional information is asked to contact BSO Traffic Homicide detectives Miller and Wiley at 954-321-4840.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2020.09.18Coral Springs Employer Awards Grants to 2 Minority-Owned Businesses
- News2020.09.17VIDEO: Coral Springs Police Respond to Alleged Rough Arrest Video
- News2020.09.14City of Coral Springs Hosts Plasma and Blood Drive
- News2020.09.14Service Hours Offered for Students at Chabad of Coral Springs Free Food Distribution