By: Sharon Aron Baron
One Coral Springs resident will be recognized on Wednesday for his bravery in assisting with the apprehension and arrest of a criminal.
Coral Springs Police Chief Pustizzi will be presenting Rob Lynch with a Make a Call, Make a Difference certificate in the Chief’s conference room at the Coral Springs Police Department on June 18, at 2:00 pm.
Back on December 8, Lynch, was driving home from St Andrews Catholic Church when he saw an accident at Royal Palm Blvd and University Drive. He immediately left his vehicle and began first aid to the injured woman at the scene. However, he noticed that the other vehicle fled the scene. “He totaled out two cars, so he had also hurt another couple,” said Lynch.
After helping the injured woman, Lynch, who didn’t have his cellphone because he had just attended Mass, followed the car and honked his horn to try to warn others. He found an officer in her patrol car that heard about the suspect on her radio.
The suspect parked his car in a neighborhood, took off running, and tried to resist arrest. That is when Lynch assisted the officer in placing the suspect into custody.
“I was kneeling with one knee in his back and one his neck while she was cuffing him. I was just making sure she was safe, and he wasn’t going anywhere.”
Lynch is a 20 year resident of Coral Springs and is the owner of Florida Property Restorations, a property renovation company that does business in Broward and Palm Beach Counties.
To Lynch, what he did came naturally as his first concern was for the woman who was hit by the suspect.
“It’s an honor being recognized by the city doing for doing my civic duty.”
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2021.05.05Mullins Hall COVID-19 Test Site to Close in Coral Springs
- Events2021.05.04Tickets Go on Sale for Cirque Musica Holiday Spectacular
- News2021.05.04Volunteers Show Their Appreciation for Teachers at 22 Coral Springs Schools
- Events2021.05.03Coral Springs Honors Heroes in Special Memorial Day Service