By: Chris Brunner
A group of tennis players, competing out of the Tennis Center of Coral Springs, recently captured the Florida sectional championship in the 55 and over 4.5 division and will soon be heading to the National Championships.
Team members included Londi Romero(captain), Kevin McCarthy, Gordon Light, Kent Weiss, Bill Dellenger Albert Muniz, Randy Webb, Fred Carrasquillo, and Leo Torrellas.
After winning the local league, the team went to Daytona Beach from May 2-4, to compete against four other teams from throughout the State of Florida. After two full days of rain, the Coral Springs team had to play four matches on Sunday to capture the title. They started the day at 7 a.m., and defeated the team from Sarasota 2-1 in the final match, finishing at 8 p.m. They will now travel to Arizona November 7-9, 2014 to compete in the National championships.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2020.11.23Coral Springs Holiday Parade Becomes a Drive-Thru Experience
- News2020.11.20MLK Committee Hosts Inaugural Virtual Art Contest for K-12 Students
- News2020.11.20Feeding South Florida to Host Thanksgiving Food Distributions in Days Leading Up to Thanksgiving
- News2020.11.16Coral Springs Police and Dispatch Receive National Re-Accreditation