By: Chris Brunner
A group of tennis players, competing out of the Tennis Center of Coral Springs, recently captured the Florida sectional championship in the 55 and over 4.5 division and will soon be heading to the National Championships.
Team members included Londi Romero(captain), Kevin McCarthy, Gordon Light, Kent Weiss, Bill Dellenger Albert Muniz, Randy Webb, Fred Carrasquillo, and Leo Torrellas.
After winning the local league, the team went to Daytona Beach from May 2-4, to compete against four other teams from throughout the State of Florida. After two full days of rain, the Coral Springs team had to play four matches on Sunday to capture the title. They started the day at 7 a.m., and defeated the team from Sarasota 2-1 in the final match, finishing at 8 p.m. They will now travel to Arizona November 7-9, 2014 to compete in the National championships.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2020.09.205 Cases of Child Abuse Reported this Week in Coral Springs Crime
- News2020.09.19Vice Mayor Joy Carter Appointed to Serve on Florida League of Cities Legislative Policy Committee
- News2020.09.18Coral Springs Employer Awards Grants to 2 Minority-Owned Businesses
- News2020.09.17VIDEO: Coral Springs Police Respond to Alleged Rough Arrest Video