By: Sharon Aron Baron
With high school seniors missing out on graduation events due to COVID-19, a local school photographer has figured out a way to give them the recognition they deserve.
Current seniors, who have worked hard for four years will most likely not have a prom, graduation, or other year-end events that others have had the opportunity to experience.
With so much uncertainty affecting the Class of 2020, Fox-Mar Studios is honoring graduates by offering something that allows these families to display their pride and school spirit uniquely.
Fox-Mar is creating personalized yard signs as an opportunity for graduating seniors to share their excitement with friends, family, and neighbors.
“The Class of 2020 is in such a unique position during this time, we wanted to help the parents figure out a way to celebrate their graduates and keep our employees working,” said Brian Fox, a Parkland resident and representative for the South Florida-based photography business.
Family-owned for 46-years, Fox-Mar is in a similar situation as most small businesses in the community.
“With schools closed, we don’t have any work for our employees, but this will hopefully enable us to provide some for our staff during this shutdown,” said Fox.
Ethel Bell was quick to design one for her daughter, Alana, who is graduating from Coral Springs High School.
“She feels like she is missing out on so much, so I thought she would be happy to get some recognition,” said Bell, “Like hey, there’s a senior here.”
A lasting memento for families, the 24″ x 18″ signs cost around $30, include a yard stake and come in multiple designs that can be customized with senior photos, quotes, and more. Senior yard signs can be purchased online through Fox-Mar.
Keep sending your tips to Coral Springs Talk
- Jill Fox is an Emmy Award-winning writer and producer. She has worked in public relations and television for over 20 years. Fox lives in Parkland with her husband and their two children.
- News2021.07.27Local Family Raises $7,000 Selling Watermelon for a Great Cause
- Events2021.07.26Former Coral Springs Softball Player Forms New Girls’ 12U Team
- Events2021.07.25Jewish Culture Organization Opens Headquarters In Coral Springs
- Events2021.06.28Mah Jongg Players Meet For 2 Summer Gatherings At Family Bagels