By: Sharon Aron Baron
Players of the popular game Pokémon Go will have their own special event this Friday in Coral Springs where they can roam in a local park.
On Friday, August 19 from 5 p.m. – 9 p.m., Pokémon trainers throughout Coral Springs are invited to Cypress Park for a meet up to enjoy food trucks, music and a Pokeball hunt. There will be two Pokestops and a gym.
Pokémon Go allows users to explore their environments where they live which means players must get outside and capture as many Pokémon as they can. As they move around, their smartphones will vibrate to let them know their near a Pokémon. Once they’ve encountered a Pokémon, they will take aim on the smartphone’s touch screen and throw a Poké Ball to catch it. Players will also look for PokéStops located at interesting places, such as public art installations, historical markers, and monuments where they can collect more Poké Balls and other items.
On Friday, trainers are encouraged to wear anything Pokémon-related or represent their team colors at the event. Attendees will also have a chance to win prizes.
Players of all ages are welcome to come, but those under 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
Cypress Park is located at 1301 Coral Springs Drive
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2020.11.23Coral Springs Holiday Parade Becomes a Drive-Thru Experience
- News2020.11.20MLK Committee Hosts Inaugural Virtual Art Contest for K-12 Students
- News2020.11.20Feeding South Florida to Host Thanksgiving Food Distributions in Days Leading Up to Thanksgiving
- News2020.11.16Coral Springs Police and Dispatch Receive National Re-Accreditation