By: Sharon Aron Baron
Reserve your spot for the 2016 Government Academy, and learn how the City of Coral Springs runs local government.
Applications are being accepted now for for the four-week program in October and take place at City facilities around town. The program will address the complex task of running a municipality, including overviews of the government organization as a whole. Participants will become familiar with local government related issues, which will help foster potential community leaders by equipping them with essential information to share with other residents. Attendees will also learn about the wide variety of City services and explore hot button issues and challenges that face the City.
During the course of the academy, the participants will meet City Commission members, the City Manager and staff.
The Government Academy is free and open to residents 16 and older. Participants will take away essential information that can help prepare them for more community involvement roles. Committee members and City Commission board appointees are encouraged to attend.
The Academy meets October 6, 13, 20, and 27, from 6 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. Class size is limited up to 40 people, and participants must register in advance. To register or for more information, please call Pat Mirabello at 954-344-5907 or visit www.CoralSprings.org/ga.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- Events2021.07.21TICKET ALERT: ‘Menopause The Musical’ Heads to the Coral Springs Center For The Arts
- Events2021.07.19TICKET ALERT: Coral Springs International Dinner Dance Celebrates the USA
- Events2021.07.13Ticket Alert: The Ultimate QUEEN Celebration Heads to the Coral Springs Center for the Arts
- Events2021.07.12Coral Springs Festival of the Arts Accepting Artist Submissions for 2022 Event